CALIFORNIA LEGAL RUGER SR556 TAKEDOWN- 5.56
- The takedown barrel is removed from the upper receiver by simply moving the slider bar towards the breech, rotating the barrel and pulling it free - no tools required. Installation is simpler yet - just slide the barrel into the upper and twist until it locks. The takedown mechanism provides a repeatable point of impact.
- MSR shooters that desire a larger cartridge will be excited to find that a replaceable barrel kit chambered in 300 AAC Blackout is available on ShopRuger.com. This range-ready barrel's headspace is set at the factory and comes complete with a metal flip-up elevation & windage adjustable front sight and two, 30-round metal magazines marked with "300 AAC BLACKOUT" to ensure easy differentiation.
- Ruger® patented chrome-plated, two-stage piston with multi-stage regulator provides a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm with superior operating endurance. The two-stage piston provides a smooth power delivery stroke to the bolt carrier.
- The Ruger® Elite 452™ AR trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 lb. trigger pull. The Ruger Elite 452™ features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers.
- With front and rear folding iron sights, the SR-556® Takedown is ready to go to the range right out the box. The front sight is both elevation & windage adjustable, meaning that when you swap barrels, the zero stays with the barrel.
- The lower receiver is fitted with the Magpul® MOE grip and MOE SL collapsible buttstock on the mil-spec buffer tube. With a length of pull ranging between 11.1"-14.4" the fit can be perfect for most any shooter.
- Precision-rifled, chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged Mil-Spec 41V45 chrome-moly-vanadium steel barrel ensures accuracy and longevity. A Ruger® flash suppressor is provided and the ½"-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Supplied with three Magpul PMAG® 10-round magazines (a lightweight 556 NATO magazine).
- Also includes a rugged, ballistic nylon case; three rail covers and lock.